Sand Tray Letter Formation
Revision as of 04:28, 14 October 2009 by Rosalia
- Sand Paper Letters.
- A tray.
This is an individual presentation.
- Invite the child to a table.
- Choose a few letters that the child has been previously introduced to.
- Position the letters on a table beside the cornmeal tray.
- Demonstrate to the child how she can trace the letter in the cornmeal by using the primary finger on her dominant hand.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the letters.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To help the child identify the sounds represented in a graphic form.
- To teach the child the correct writing direction of the letter shapes.