Verb Box 1
Revision as of 19:53, 13 October 2009 by Rosalia
- Red cards with three-letter phonic words such as: run, hop, sit, jog, tap, hog, ...etc.
This is a group presentation to be carried out with a group of children on the floor. (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress introduces the Verb Box 1 to the children saying "Today we are going to do Verb Box 1".
- She opens the lid of the box, place it underneath the box on the mat.
- She then takes out the grey-heading card with the word "Verbs" and places it on the mat.
- The Directress hands out a card face down to each child.
- Ask the child to read the word on the card silently.
- The children are then ask to act out the word on their card one by one while the rest of the children try to guess the word from the action.
- When all the children have completed, the Directress then explains to they children that they have all done something and this group of words is called "Verbs". "Verbs are doing words. We have all did something".
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To practice reading.
- To reinforce the function.
- To foster communication through mime.