Multiplication Chart B
- Multiplication Chart B (This is a blank Pythagorean Table with only the figures along the top line and down the side).
- A box of slips with the multiplication combinations.
- Answer tiles to fill in the blank chart.
- Directress gives the child the chart and the box of slips.
- The child takes a slip, for e.g. 7x3.
- Find the number 7 on the top of the board and 3 at the right side of the board.
- Place fingers on the two numbers, and slide them along and down to the meeting point.
- The child tries to recall the answer and then places the answer tile in that column.
- The child continues to work through the slips in the box.
Control Of Error
- The Summary of multiplication tables.
- Chart A acts as a control of error because the answers are stated on it.
- Directress guided.
Points Of Interest
- To provide the child with the materials for testing their ability with multiplication tables.