Noun Box 3
Words with phonograms of objects in the classroom, e.g. chair, rubber, paint, pencil, blackboard, window, door, bookshelf, flower, globe, tray.
Noun Box 4
Cards with the children's names in the class, for e.g. "Paul", "Kate", ... etc.
Noun Box 5
Cards with names of objects on the nature table, for e.g. "bee", "rose", ... etc.
Noun Box 6
Cards with names of the countries. These are used with the Montessori map puzzles, for e.g. "Japan", "India", ... etc.
Words selected relate to objects found in the classroom and for the later exercises that relate to topics of interest to the children. The Morris - Montessori Word List has clearly defined spelling patterns to choose from.
This is a group presentation to be carried out with a group of children on the floor (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress introduces the respective Noun Box to the children.
- She opens the box and places the lid underneath the box on the mat.
- She takes out the grey heading card with the word "Noun" on it and places it on the mat.
- Noun Box 3. The Directress pass out a card to each of the children. Ask the child to read the word on the card and then places it by the object in the classroom. When all the children have place the cards in the respective places, Directress then reminds the children that "Nouns are name of things".
- Noun Box 4. The Directress passes out a card to each children with their name on it. Ask the child to read the word on the card. Directress explains that "Nouns are also names of people".
- Noun Box 5. The Directress passes a card to each children. Ask the child to read the cards and then place it by the objects on the nature table. Directress explains that "Nouns are also names of animals, insects, plants, etc".
- Noun Box 6. Present this only if the children know th globe and the map puzzle. The Directress pass out a card each to the children. ask the child to read the cards and then place it by the countries on the map puzzle. Directress explains that "Nouns are also names of countries".
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Practice reading.
- Develop reading vocabulary related to cultural subjects or project work.