Preposition Box - Later Grammar
- Dark green box with a number of prepositions written on dark green cards.
- Color coded reading cards to make a sentence related to two objects.
- Two objects, such as a dog and a tree, a soldier and a sentry box or a peg and a box.
Use prepositions such as near, under, in, on, behind.
An individual presentation (Note: full work cycle to be observed).
- The Directress introduces the preposition box to the child.
- The Directress lay out two objects besides each other, for e.g. a peg and a box.
- The Directress places the noun cards under the respective objects.
- She then helps the child to build a sentence using the colored grammar cards, for e.g. "The peg ______ the box". Invite the child to read the sentence (without the prepositions) and the child will notice that a word is missing.
- The Directress explains that the sentence needs one of the preposition in the sentence.
- Invite the child to place one of the preposition cards in place and then read the whole sentence, for e.g. "The peg in the box".
- Invite the child to move the object according to what the sentence says.
- Repeat this for other preposition cards.
- When completed, the Directress discusses the function of the preposition with the child.
- "By changing the preposition, we change the meaning of the sentences".
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Demonstrate the function of a preposition in a sentence.
- Practice reading.