Reproducing Patterns Made with Movable Alphabet
- Sandpaper letters.
- Movable alphabet.
- Directress places some Sandpaper letters randomly in a row across the top of the table or rug.
- Child needs to go and get those same Movable alphabet letters and place them underneath. Example: a, l, t, b, m (on table). Child goes and gets the same 5 letters and places under the approprite letter.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- To give experience with Movable alphabet.
- Help child to learn where letters are in the Movable alphabet tray.
- Introduce child to fetching.
- To transfer the child from blending with Sandpaper letters to using the full Movable alphabet.
- Show the relationship between the Sandpaper letters and the Movable alphabet.
Have different styles of letters for child to match.