- Collection of things in the theme box (e.g. kitchen)
- Color-coded grammar cards.
- Nouns on black card.
- Verbs on red card.
- Adjectives on blue card.
- Articles on gray card.
Theme Box 1 early Grammar.
Black word cards for objects either pink or blue words which are nouns e.g. can, cat, ham, bun, mat, pan, tap, bin, lid, pot, cup, jug, rug, milk, grill, sill.
Words to be selected from Morris - Montessori Word List.
An individual presentation (Note: full work cycle to be observed)
- The Directress invites the child to arrange the objects on the theme box. Encourage the child to place the nouns against the objects.
- "Adjectives describe nouns. Can you place the adjectives against the nouns?" the Directress invites the child.
- Encourage the child to form sentences, for e.g. "The red pot", "The hot bun", "A big cat", "A big can", "The wet cup", ... etc.
- Next, we form phrases that incorporate verbs, for e.g. "The wet tap drip", "The hot pot spill", ... etc.
- Next, we may include prepositions and make sentences such as "The hot milk in the pot", "The big can on the grill", ... etc.
- The Directress encourages the child to talk about the agreement of kitchen setting and objects and read the sentences he has made.
Control Of Error
Points Of Interest
- Learn word order in sentences using concrete objects.
- Practice reading.
- Explore creative ways of using familiar words.